15/02/2026

Mutilator WIP

The weekend was pretty busy but I managed to get in some painting time today and work on the first Mutilator. I'm following an old armor recipe I put together when painting Necrosius. I also found a fantastic equivalent for Rakarth Flesh so I am also experimenting with more bizarre/mutated flesh.

 


I also decided to black out the metallic trim for some visual cohesion while painting; Kind of avoiding the 'ugly stage' look. Although now I have to figure out how to transition the flesh into the metallics since I'm not sure if I want a fused or an embedded lol. Either way, I'm quite pleased with how his face turned out, guess my mantra of Studio paintjobs occasionally ruining faces still holds true. 

2 comments:

  1. Already looking good! Rakarth Flesh is one of the paints that is pretty much on every single one of my miniatures. I really like it to lighten up other colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the tone as well, but the batches GW have been putting out over the years have become more and more unstable to the point that thinning it any more it just separates.

    ReplyDelete

Star Wars Legion: Tantive IV Base Painting Guide

When I showed off my Rebel Fleet Trooper I uploaded the painting guide for them on my Patreon ; What I omitted at the time was how I painte...