27/07/2026

Mail Day 28.07.2026 - Hicksy's Halflings and an old general



This morning I woke up to a lovely E-Mail telling me that a package had been delivered to my mail box; In the package were two sets of the Hicksy's Halflings range sculpted by Paul Hicks and sold by Footsore Miniatures; There was also a miniature of General Montgomery, a charity miniature supporting the Finley's Touch Charity. If you want to get one yourself, you can buy it here, there is also an accompanying vehicle sold by Mardav Miniatures here.





I have got some plans with these miniatures, so I already assembled three of them to paint tomorrow. The Monty will be my first historical personality I have ever painted. Not that I necessarily have an issue with it per se, but painting actual people, especially from eras like WW2 is a bit of a touchy subject. That being said, he is a charity miniature and I feel it thus justifies it in my mind. 







The other two miniatures are two of the Halflings; They will be painted up as soldiers of the Mootland and used in my Empire collection. These guys are beautifully sculpted and fit in decently well with the 6th edition Fantasy halflings. Their main distinctive characteristic are the faces. To say Paul Hicks has a special style of painting faces would be an understatement; Whenever I see a miniature where I am unsure if he sculpted it, its face is usually the giveaway. That being said, these Halflings have slightly softer sculpts, but still rock that distinctive Hicks style. This is it for today's mail day, just wanted to share the new arrivals! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh! I've been staring at Hicksy's halflings and thinking about my (long languishing in boxes) Empire army. How do they sit next to the Perry halflings?

    ReplyDelete

Star Wars Legion: Tantive IV Base Painting Guide

When I showed off my Rebel Fleet Trooper I uploaded the painting guide for them on my Patreon ; What I omitted at the time was how I painte...