Ever since I started actually buying STLs for miniatures, I’ve fallen into the same trap as most hobbyists do of just buying STLs, but never actually using them. It’s so easy since they don’t even take up space. As such I am attempting to combat this by actually making myself paint at least a few of those I buy. And by 'making' I obviously mean putting them in my field of view until the inspiration takes me. This is a hobby, not a job.
This is a Senate Commando Captain by Anvilrage Studios. If you are not a massive Star Wars Nerd, these are essentially the security of the republic senate building and their diplomatic delegations. These were primarily a ceremonial guard, but during the Clone Wars they were equipped with the same armour and weapons as the Clones and served more in combat. This would show how truly corrupt their organization was, as most of these 'Commandos' were just the family of high ranking Senators and thus completely incompetent as soldiers. Just like the last Star Wars miniature I painted, I am going to take a Star Wars Unlimited card as my inspiration so-to-speak. I know this guy looks slightly different than the standard guards, but it still works. While the card does not serve as my sole inspiration or anything like that, I find it fun to connect my two hobbies in this way.
Some of you may remember that I actually started painting a Senate Commando around a year ago and I think I will get around to finishing him as well alongside his captain.


No comments:
Post a Comment