13/04/2026

Practicing White Paint Schemes

 One miniature that has been sitting in my desk waiting for paint has been this Mandalorian Police Officer; It’s a miniature by Anvilrage Studios. 

I don’t have the best skill set when it comes to painting white on miniatures; I struggle with smoothness and a lot of white or bright paints have a chalky issue wherein my usual way of glazing and layering does not work. 

Given how the Mandalorian Cops have a pretty bright and pale color palette I thought I might take this guy as a practice piece while I’m at it. Though the first issues arose when applying some Speedpaint; See I use a dry well palette for my shades and washes and I accidentally ended up putting my grey in the same well that I had put in an Orange Speedpaint a few sessions ago. What you see is the result of the classic reactivation issue. 

One issue that arose around the end of the painting session was my realization that the cloth of these guy needs to be much more grey than I had remembered. It’s a too late now for me to consider how to fix this, but at some point in the next few days I will have to get around to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Star Wars Legion: Tantive IV Base Painting Guide

When I showed off my Rebel Fleet Trooper I uploaded the painting guide for them on my Patreon ; What I omitted at the time was how I painte...