04/05/2026

May The 4th Be With You!

 


Happy May the 4th! For Star Wars Day this year I thought I would upload these Legion miniatures I painted back in 2023 for work again. I was new at work and was asked to paint some Miniatures to put in the display for May the 4th.



You can kind of tell how much my photography set up has changed since then. Back then I used my Pixel 4 which had a pretty miserable camera, especially for larger shots like these.




Besides these two diorama like shots I also painted two B2 Super Battle Droids to flank Asajj Ventress. I originally intended for the line up to be Ventress with two B2s, Anakin with two ARC Troopers, Thrawn with two Storm Troopers and a Lando Calrissian with two Rebel Commandos. In the end I ran out of time and one of the ARC Troopers broke so I ended up with just what is shown.




I really enjoyed painting the B2s, they were a staple of early Clone Wars which I really enjoyed as a kid.



You may have noticed that I used a General Veers as a Thrawn inspired by his field uniform in Star Wars Rebels. Now that there is an official miniature, maybe I should revisit him again, let me know in the comments!

At the time I was rewatching The Mandalorian and in a bid to make the Storm Trooper seem a bit more interesting I painted one as a Mortar Trooper from the episode that reintroduces Boba Fett.

I tried following the Sorastro Paints guide for Anakin, which on the one hand made for an amazing looking tunic; On the other hand his skin came out creepily pale.

Last on the list is my personal favourite; Asajj Ventress, the bald headed witch who I loved ever since I was a kid.

I have since been on and off trying to get back into painting Star Wars, the most promising of these attempts is this Senate Commando who I will try and finish one of these days; Stay tuned for that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Star Wars Legion: Tantive IV Base Painting Guide

When I showed off my Rebel Fleet Trooper I uploaded the painting guide for them on my Patreon ; What I omitted at the time was how I painte...