02/06/2026

Jesuit Priest finished and a little Status Report

Hi, it has been a hot minute since last I posted on here. In short, I procrastinated an important task for far too long so I had to go into a week long intense work mode. Now that I am done with that task I can finally paint again. While I was working on that task I have gotten a handful of new miniatures(I will share some of the goodies soon). Thus I wanted to clear a few of the half finished projects off my table and here is the first of these:

I bought two of the Warlord Games Jesuit Priests a while back to paint up and add as missionaries to my Boxer Rebellion collection. I have no particular games in mind to use them with, but I would like to eventually have a small selection of miniatures to do fun photos with. This one sculpt in particular was showing his age and his left eye was miscast as just a flat area. So I sculpted a little eyepatch and while it ended up a bit too soft I think it turned out fine with paint on it now. 
This miniature is not 100% finished yet as it still needs a proper base rim and I will have to make an executive decision about what kind of shrubbery to add to all my Boxer Rebellion bases as they are just bare earth right now. Either way I will try and finish the second priest some time this week if I can muster the motivation, but the recently released Kara Mustafa Pasha and the Janissaries I received from Warlord Games are calling to me, I am looking forward to practicing painting skin that is not pale or rosy white. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is getting out of hand... Now there are two of them!

 I took a short four day break from painting as I am currently remodelling my hobby area. Now I am back again to painting and as I want to f...