18/06/2026

Quick look at the new Konflikt 47 Ursus Infantry

 


Credit: Warlord Games
I already showed off the new Automated Infantry which unexpectedly turned up at my doorstep; Well not a week later and I got another mysterious package sent by Warlord Games, inside of which was a horde of wild Ursus infantry! Truth be told I did not expect to be getting my hands on either of these kits and now that I have, I will try to make the best of it. Unlike using the Automated infantry as Italian proxies I have little interest in the Soviet Bloc faction for Konflikt 47. Instead I will turn these big burly bears(Happy Pride btw!) into something else for my own nefarious purposes.
I received a sprue each of both the claw and hammer variants, giving me six bears in total. Luckily the package also included the 40mm bases needed for them, though as you will see later, that was cutting it quite close. At first glance it is interesting to see this kit, since I believe it is my second Warlord Games plastic kit that is essentially monopose (the first are the two event miniatures for Konflikt). That being said the first issue I ran into was the lack of instructions; Now I am sure the proper box will come with one and this is just influencer problems, but sadly the usual solution of following the numbers in ascending order did not work either. And given how these have to be assembled in a specific manner, you need to do a bit of puzzling to find out. In the end I just took a hard look at the sprue and parsed which bits were what.

For my purposes I just need one of these guys assembled, so here is one of the Ursus with claws ready to be painted. My first impressions of these are that they are beautifully sculpted and feel a lot more well scaled than the previous ones(although those certainly looked more bear and these seem more human). However, these have some unseemly gaps, especially around the torso and while I did use sprue goo to fill in most of the gaps, it is still noticeable. Also as you can see this guy is barely fitting on the base thanks to his wide stance; I am sure the other guys will not have as much of an issue since their poses are more closed, but still I wanted to point it out. Now this here is not really a proper review or anything, just a quick update and first look at one of the two kits. 

But what do I have planned for this kit if not a Konflikt Ursus? Well, you will just have to wait and find out... Or you can just go to my Discord Server and find out right now, hah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is getting out of hand... Now there are two of them!

 I took a short four day break from painting as I am currently remodelling my hobby area. Now I am back again to painting and as I want to f...