18/08/2026

Mail Day Re-Cap

 The last few days I received multiple packages while also doing a lot of work. The result was me not feeling fit enough to post about it as I would usually do. Starting today I will try and do a little 're-cap' of the things that turned up at my doorstep. 


This first haul is a relocation of someone's hobby collection. I was approached by friend to whom the original owner had spoken, expressing a desire to sell a lot of their stuff to someone who could appreciate it. After a bit of back and forth I picked out some things I knew I could give a good home to. The first of these I want to show off is this complete set of the Fellowship of the Ring along with the Balin's Tomb display plinth. This came in at a perfect time, just as I picked up some of the old DeAgostini magazines this thing came with. There was also a Saruman whom I had not seen before. I only have the classic pose holding onto his staff, but this one with the Palantir looks dope!

I did not manage to properly photograph everything, so I will just list some of the other things in this delivery alongside the photos. I also got a big bag of undead bitz, primarily containing classic plastic zombies and some bats; While they may look goofy I really enjoy them and will be sure to build and paint some more. Maybe you remember around five years ago when I painted and posted one lurking out of his grave.


The big part of this purchase was an almost complete Dark Elves army. I say almost complete since it is missing a character, but I already own a Lokir Fellheart and a Malus Darkblade that can lead them. Above you can see the core of this force, a block of 20 Dreadspears and 16 Crosbows. There is another bag full of bitz off camera with extra bodies, so I imagine it might come out to around 10 more warriors. Not shown are a set of three fully crewed Bolt Throwers to bolster the artillery. While I have no strong connection to Dark Elves per se, a small force of these guys was one of the earliest armies I was gifted second hand. 



We got Harpies! 6 of em to be exact. These are the modern sculpts compared to the gargoyle looking ones from 4th Edition. You may notice the faces bare metal, that is because the previous owner had sculpted some ritualistic looking masks on them; While I find the idea intriguing, I want to test my skills on these faces. I actually find painting faces to be the most fun part at times. Another off screen part of this purchase is a huge bag of Gorkamorka plastic boyz; I have been trying to track down enough of these over the past year to assemble two proper teams for a game of Gorkamorka. With these ones I now have enough to actually play the game. I also got a bag of metal Ork bitz from 4th edition; I have no immediate plans for these bitz, but they are always good to have on hand when assembling some classic ape looking Orks.


The last part of that Dark Elves army is one unit of Corsairs and a small unit of Witch Elves. I believe these are my first ever metal Witch Elves, at least ones from that era of the army. Like the Harpies, these are gonna be a nice painting challenge as they have a lot of soft exposed skin. The unit of Corsairs consists of 15 guys with a command unit; Despite not actively collecting Dark Elves, I am fairly certain with this unit added I will own 50 metal Corsairs in total. Lokir Fellheart as a general makes more sense now, eh? At last I also got a single metal Flayed one from the 3rd edition range. Why? Because they looked dope as hell, that's why.

This was one hell of a Hobby haul and I am beyond grateful for getting it. While I never really considered it, I now own a fully playable Dark Elves army if I put all my miniatures together; That Fellowship plinth had been on my radar for years and should motivate me to fully paint one of my many Fellowship sets. I hope you enjoyed seeing some of the oldies on display today, but just you wait until tomorrow where I will show off something truly rare!(If you are in my Discord you already saw it)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mail Day Re-Cap

 The last few days I received multiple packages while also doing a lot of work. The result was me not feeling fit enough to post about it as...