19/08/2026

Mail Day Re-Cap Day 2!

 


Today is a juicy one; I recently got offered a genuine Forge World Lightning/Lightning Strike Flyer from around 1999/2000. A very kind soul in Belgium knew a person who was willing to part with theirs and facilitated transport and transaction. While I always love getting my grubby mitts on some Forge World models, there is something so much sweeter when it is a kit from this very early era of Forge World. Forge World being... well Forge World their stuff was overpriced from the start and only available directly from the UK. This led to comparatively little quantities of miniatures making their way into actual people's hands. I mean have you seen the giant Imperial Fortress Walls out in the wild? Or the Beta Anphelion base? This stuff's rare. 


So there it is: The Lightning in all its glory. The kind soul from Belgium managed to disassemble the lightning mostly before shipping it out. This saves me time as I was intending to disassemble it myself and properly fit the pieces and magnetise the parts. In another lucky twist, this is the complete kit with both the laser cannon for a standard Lighting and the hellfire rockets for a Lightning Strike. Since I want to be able to field both of them, I am obviously going to magnetise the pieces. This kit even comes with two seats depending on if you want a visible pilot or not; Truth be told I do not know whether I want him in there or not, but having the choice is so cool. The only bit of major damage is the canopy missing a bit at the front; Nothing I could not fix though with a bit of Miliput and some sculpting. 

Honestly, I am still stunned I managed to get my hands on one of these, they are like a holy grail of Oldhammer miniatures, due to their rarity. And I know, there are still numerically speaking plenty of these out there, but comparatively I believe they are some of the rarest non-LE miniatures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mail Day Re-Cap Day 2!

  Today is a juicy one; I recently got offered a genuine Forge World Lightning/Lightning Strike Flyer from around 1999/2000. A very kind sou...