In my slow growing Vampire Counts project, I keep circling back to painting Spirits of any kind; While I have some skeletons painted, most of the painted or half painted miniatures in the army are ghosts of some kind. So it is no surprise that I have painted another ghost; This time it is one of the Bae Victis models by Vae Victis Miniatures. When I saw this miniature it seemed perfect as a ghastly Banshee. There was little in terms of metallic details, so she fit in well as a ghost with a flowing dress. While I use some kind of glowing or corruptive colour on all my ghosts, I thought her gesture would make for a fun magic effect. it was some simple pink, the same I use on her eyes. I might have to make a companion piece skeleton or Wight rising from the ground, risen by her magic.
Funnily I completely forgot that I had painted already painted a Banshee until I started putting together this post
The reason is I never really took any proper studio photos of this gal, but she was the first ghost I painted for this army. I used a painting guide by Juan Hidalgo, though unlike him I did not manage to use as saturated of a white basecoat. This model despite looking good suffered from some slight rattle can issues. I find that white sprays are incredibly temperamental and never get an even coat without getting a gritty texture. As a result of all that, I feel my ghosts did not come out as bright and saturated, even with a layer of brush on white.
As you can see my newer ghost is a lot more saturated and the purple glow has become pink. Not sure if I will keep it that way since I have a Cairn Wraith that is half finished with the same coloration as my first Banshee.
Here is a teaser of what that guy looks like; Pretty cool, right?



No comments:
Post a Comment